Fecal Calprotectin, Stool
Chemiluminescent immunoassay (CLIA), Diasorin Liason XL
Stool sample (10 g) - approximately walnut in size
- Stool - no preservatives or fixatives
- Specimens that have been collected or stored in 10% formalin, SAF, or PVA fixatives are not acceptable.
- Use of Carey-Blair transport medium is not acceptable.
- Samples are stable at 2-8 C for 3 days.
- If samples are not tested within 3 days, shipping and storage at -20 C is required.
- Assessment of suspected gastrointestinal tract inflammation
- differential diagnosis of IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), when considered in the context of other diagnostic procedures.
- Monitoring of IBD activity
Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), Crohn's, ulcerative colitis
Browse tests by laboratory
Toll Free: 1-855-381-3212