Specialty Certificate Nursing Students
Thank you for your interest in completing a specialty certificate placement at SickKids. As a teaching hospital we are committed to providing clinical placements in perioperative nursing, neonatal nursing and critical care nursing. This web page will provide you with details about the application process.
Specialty certificate placement requests are coordinated by SickKids Learning Institute in collaboration with the academic placement coordinators.
- All communication regarding placements is to occur between the academic placement coordinator and SickKids. Candidates are required to consult with their placement coordinator before proceeding with the application process.
- Once all applications are reviewed, SickKids will contact the academic placement coordinators and provide placement information. Candidates will be informed about the outcome of their placement requests by their placement coordinator.
Documents required prior to placement
A current Affiliation Agreement needs to be in place with SickKids prior to any student placement. The placement coordinator is to contact SickKids to ensure that there is an agreement in place or to begin the process of establishing an agreement.
- Immunization Form (PDF) - completed for each student and forwarded to SickKids at least 15 days prior to the placement start date.
- All students will need to complete a Student Placement Affiliation Agreement Appendix B Form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the form specific to your academic institution.
Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening - The cost and completion of this screening is responsibility of the student. Failure to provide an evidence of a Police Reference Check/ Vulnerable Sector Screening will prevent students from beginning their clinical placement at SickKids. The original Police Reference Check / Vulnerable Sector Screening document must be presented at least 15 calendar days prior to the placement start date.
- SickKids ID Badge
- Windows Account
- Clinical Systems Training (Epic)
- N95 mask fit testing if more than two years since last test