Patient & Family Experience Survey
We want to hear about your recent experience at SickKids.
You may get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, asking you to complete a survey about your recent experience (e.g., clinic appointment, procedure, or hospital stay) at SickKids. Your feedback will help us understand what we are doing well and make changes to improve our services.
The survey is available in English and French (more languages coming soon).
By answering the survey questions, you can give us feedback about your experience at SickKids. The survey questions may ask you about:
- How the care providers (e.g., doctors, nurses) communicated with you
- Whether the care providers gave you enough information
- How long you waited to see a doctor or nurse
- How well your (or the child’s) pain was managed
- Your experience in the hospital space
We will review feedback from all the surveys to find out where we are doing well, and where we can do better. SickKids’ Patient & Family Experience Advisory Committee (including SickKids staff and members of SickKids’ Family Advisory Network), will help select the areas we need to focus on improving the most. We will work with different staff and patient and family advisors in the hospital to decide what actions we can take to make things better. We will then work with different teams in the hospital to take those actions and check if they are making a difference.
The survey takes 15–20 minutes to complete. You may answer all the questions or just some of them.
Two SickKids staff members, who are part of the Patient & Family Experience and Quality Management teams, will be able to link your name and email address to your survey answers, but they have a duty to protect your and/or your child’s privacy. They will not share information that could be used to identify you (or your child) with others in the hospital.
Staff and doctors will not know which answers belong to you. They will be able to:
- See the combined results from everyone who completes the survey.
- See any written comments you include in the survey. (If you do not want the staff and doctors to know who you are, avoid including information in your comments that could be used to identify you.)
Your answers will not have a negative impact on your (or your child’s) current or future care at SickKids.
If you have questions about the survey, or you want to talk about your experience, contact:
Office of Patient and Family Experience