Howard H. An
Title: Medical Consultant and Toxicologist, Ontario Poison Centre
Designations: MD, M.Sc., FRCPC
U of T Positions: Lecturer, Department of Medicine
Howard An completed medical school and his master’s of epidemiology from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. He completed his internal medicine and clinical pharmacology/toxicology training at the University of Toronto. He works as an internist for Unity Health Toronto – St. Joseph’s Health Centre, as a medical toxicologist for the Ontario Poison Centre and as a clinical pharmacologist for GeriMedRisk / Ontario Telemedicine Network.
Education and experience
- 2011: MD, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
- 2014: M.Sc. Epidemiology, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
- 2011–2014: Internal Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2014–2016: Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2015–2020: Physician, Internal Medicine, Credit Valley Hospital / Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, ON
- 2016–Present: Physician, Internal Medicine, Unity Health Toronto – St. Joseph’s Health Centre
- 2017–Present: Clinical Pharmacologist, GeriMedRisk / Ontario Telemedicine Network, ON
- 2018–Present: Medical Toxicologist, Ontario Poison Centre, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
The Ontario Poison Centre (OPC) is a telephone toxicology consultation service providing expert poison advice 24 hours a day to the public and health-care professionals in Ontario.