SickKids Research Institute
Jennifer Boyd has been a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Neurology since 1996. Working in both in-patient and ambulatory settings, Jennifer provides education, support and advocacy to children with neurological disorders and their families. She has subspecialty interest in neuromuscular disorders, infantile spasms, new onset seizures and multiple sclerosis (MS), and is recognized internationally as an expert in the nursing care of children and adolescents with MS. In addition to Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Health Science degrees, she has CNA Certification in Neuroscience Nursing – CNN(C), and is an international Multiple Sclerosis Certified Nurse – MSCN. Active in numerous professional organizations, Jennifer is currently a Trustee on the Multiple Sclerosis Nurses International Certification Board (2016-2021). She frequently writes and presents on topics relating to child neurology nursing.
- Boyd J, Cartwright C, Ledet DS, Wallace D. (2016). Pediatric and Developmental Disorders. In: MK Bader, LR Littlejohns & DM Olson (Eds.), AANN Core Curriculum for Neuroscience Nursing, 6th Edition, (pp. 645-692). Chicago, IL: American Association of Neuroscience Nurses.
- Boyd JR. & Milazzo MC. (2011). Working With the Pediatric Patient Diagnosed With Multiple Sclerosis. In: J. Halper & N.J. Holland (Eds.), Comprehensive Nursing Care in Multiple Sclerosis, 3rd Edition (pp. 193-213). New York: Springer.
- Boyd JR, MacMillan LJ. Experiences of children and adolescents living with multiple sclerosis. J Neurosci Nurs. 2005;37(6):334-342. doi:10.1097/01376517-200512000-00007.
- Boyd JR. A process for delivering bad news: supporting families when a child is diagnosed. J Neurosci Nurs. 2001;33(1):14-20. doi:10.1097/01376517-200102000-00003.
- Boyd JR, Hunsberger M. Chronically ill children coping with repeated hospitalizations: their perceptions and suggested interventions. J Pediatr Nurs. 1998;13(6):330-342. doi:10.1016/S0882-5963(98)80021-3.