Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacology/Toxicology, Paediatric Medicine, Respiratory Medicine and Surgical Services
Sabrina has served as a Clinical Pharmacist at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) since 2005 and currently works in the areas of Clinical Pharmacology/Toxicology, Paediatric Medicine, Respiratory Medicine and Surgical Services. She joined SickKids in 2002 as a Pharmacy Student and after graduating with a Pharmacy degree from the University of Toronto, completed the SickKids Pharmacy Residency Program in 2005. During her time at SickKids, she has held interim pharmacy leadership roles, such as Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Pharmacist and Pharmacy Education/Residency Coordinator. She joined the Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology in 2022.
Education and experience
- 2005–present: Clinical Pharmacist, Department of Pharmacy, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2004–2005: Accredited Canadian Pharmacy Residency (ACPR), University of Toronto (The Hospital for Sick Children), Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2000–2004: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 1996–2000: Honours Bachelor of Science (Specialist Degree: Toxicology), University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Boodhan Teskey S and Bjelajac Mejia A. Pediatric Pharmacy Practice. In: Babar Z (Ed). Encyclopedia of Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy. Huddersfield, UK. Academic Press: Elsevier. 2019.
- Tjon J, Cooper M, Pe M, Boodhan S, Mahant S, Avitzur Y, Atenafu EG, Moradipour T, Sepiashvili L, Cohen E. Measuring Gastric pH in Tube-fed Children With Neurologic Impairments and Gastroesophageal Disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2021 Jun 1;72 (6):842-847.
- Wong J, Timberlake K, Boodhan S, Barton M, Fanella S, Read S, Science M, Members of the Canada Alliance for Stewardship of Antimicrobials in Pediatrics. Canadian Pediatric Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs: Current Resources and Implementation Characteristics. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018 Jan 30: 1-5.
- Chen L, Boodhan S, Tjon J. Section 4: Hematology/Oncology: Chapter 52: Sickle Cell Disease. In: Eiland L and Todd T, Eds. Advanced Pediatric Therapeutics. Memphis, TN: Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. 2015.
- Dupuis LL, Robinson PD, Boodhan S, Holdsworth M, Portwine C, Gibson P, Phillips R, Maan C, Stefin N, Sung L; Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario. Guideline for the prevention and treatment of anticipatory nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy in pediatric cancer patients. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 2014;61(8):1506-12.