- Neuroradiologist, Department of Diagnostic Imaging
- MD, FRCP(C)
- Alternate Contact Name:
- Cindy Sawyer
- Alternate Phone:
- Alternate Email:
- REACH Profile:
- Susan Blaser's REACH profile
- U of T Positions:
- Professor, Departments of Neuroradiology and Medical Imaging
Dr. Blaser graduated from the Medical College of Ohio at Toledo and completed a paediatric internship prior to radiology residency training at the Cleveland Clinic. A neuroradiology fellowship at the University Hospitals of Case Western Reserve ensued and was followed by further fellowship training in paediatric neuroradiology at SickKids in Toronto and University of Toronto, where she is now a staff Neuroradiologist and Professor of Neuroradiology. She lectures internationally on the topic of paediatric neuroradiology and has a particular interest in the fields of neurometabolics, fetal MR and labyrinthine dysplasias. She is the lead author of Peds Neuro: Pocket Radiologist Series, an associate author of the Paediatrics and Brain issues of the Pocket Radiologist series, Diagnostic Imaging: Brain 1 and Brain 2; Diagnostic Imaging Series: Paediatric Neuroradiology and Paediatrics and Expert DDx: Paediatrics. Dr. Blaser is the recipient of the 2013 American Society of Paediatric Neuroradiology Gold Medal.
Dr. Blaser's research focuses primarily on fetal MRI, inner ear and skull base dysplasias, inborn errors of metabolism and their effect on the brain.
- Lectures internationally on the topic of paediatric neuroradiology.
- Research focus on inborn errors of metabolism and their effect on the brain and inner ear dysplasias.
- Lead author of the published book, Peds Neuro issue of the Pocket Radiologist series.
- Associate author of the Paediatrics issue of the Pocket radiologist series, of Diagnostic Imaging: Brain and of Diagnostic Imaging: Paediatric Neuroradiology.