Dr. Julia DiLabio completed training in Paediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at the University of Toronto. She pursued an additional subspecialty Fellowship year in Neonatal and Paediatric Transport Medicine with the Acute Care Transport Service (ACTS) at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). Dr. DiLabio is cross-appointed as a Staff Neonatologist at Mount Sinai Hospital. She is completing a Master of Education in Health Professions Education from the University of Ottawa. Her academic interests include competency-based education and assessment in addition to physician wellness in the neonatal intensive care unit.
Education and experience
- 2020–2021: Fellowship, Neonatal/Paediatric Transport Medicine, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2018–2020: Fellowship, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2015–2018: Residency, Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2011–2015: Doctor of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2009–2011: Master of Science, Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2005–2009: Bachelor of Science (Honours), Biochemistry, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- DiLabio J, Zwicker JG, Sherlock R, Daspal S, Shah PS, Shah V; Canadian Neonatal Network and Canadian Neonatal Follow-Up Network. Maternal age and long-term neurodevelopmental outcomes of preterm infants < 29 weeks gestational age. J Perinatol. 2021 Jun;41(6):1304-1312. doi:10.1038/s41372-020-0735-9.