- Health Systems Research Scientist, Department of Pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacist, Haematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant Program
U of T Positions
- Professor, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
- Co-Lead, MScPhm Program, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
Lee’s research program aims to improve the supportive care of children who are receiving cancer treatment or undergoing haematopoietic stem cell transplant. Studies and trials have evaluated interventions to facilitate the communication of symptom severity by children (e.g., PeNAT, SSPedi), evaluate interventions to control treatment-related symptoms such as chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting and develop and implement clinical practice guidelines. Current projects include a randomized placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the contribution of olanzapine to vomiting control in children undergoing haematopoietic stem cell transplant and a cluster randomized trial to determine if symptom feedback to healthcare providers and use of locally-adapted symptom management care pathways improve symptom severity in children receiving cancer treatments.
2011–2013: PhD. Faculty of Medicine, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
1981–1983: MScPhm. Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
1981–1982: Hospital Pharmacy Residency. Sunnybrook Medical Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
1978–1981: BScPhm. Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
1975–1978: BSc Faculty of Arts and Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Patel P, Olteanu A, Santesso N, Robinson PD, Dupuis LL. Dexamethasone dosing for prevention of acute chemotherapy-induced vomiting in pediatric patients: a systematic review. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2020; 67(12): e28716.
- Dupuis LL, Tomlinson G, Pong A, Sung L, Bickham K. Factors associated with chemotherapy-induced vomiting in pediatric patients receiving moderately or highly emetogenic chemotherapy: a pooled analysis. J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38 (22): 2499-509.
- Vettese E, Cook S, Soman D, Kuczynski S, Spiegler B, Davis H, Duong N, Schechter T, Dupuis LL, Sung L. Longitudinal evaluation of Supportive Care Assessment, Prioritization and Recommendations for Kids (SPARK), a symptom screening and management application. BMC Cancer 2019; 19: 458.
- Dupuis LL, Kelly, KM, Krischer JP, Langevin A-M, Tamura RN, Xu P, Chen L, Kolb EA, Ullrich NJ, Sahler OJZ, Hendershot E, Stratton A, Sung L, McLean TW. Acupressure bands do not improve chemotherapy-induced nausea control in pediatric patients receiving highly emetogenic chemotherapy: a single blinded, randomized, controlled trial. Cancer 2018; 124:1188‐96.
- Dupuis LL, Johnston DL, Baggott C, Hyslop S, Tomlinson D, Gibson P, Orsey A, Dix D, Price V, Vanan M, Portwine C, Kuczynski S, Spiegler B, Tomlinson GA, Sung L. Symptom screening in pediatrics tool (SSPedi) is reliable and valid in children receiving cancer treatments. JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2018; 110 (6): 661-8.