Dr. Ickowicz has authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific publications and book chapters. Current projects include: Impulsivity, attention and relational capacity as mediators in bullying behaviour and bullying victimization.
Dr. Ickowicz has held distinguished academic leadership positions including President of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatrist-in-Chief at Toronto’s The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). He is also editor-emeritus of the Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Recognized many times for his excellence in education, Dr. Ickowicz is actively involved in undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, professional development and continuing education.
- 1973–1978: Doctor in Medicine & Surgery (MD), University of Costa Rica
- 1982–1986: Psychiatry Residency, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2012–2014: Master in Health Sciences (Bioethics), University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 1987–Present: Staff Psychiatrist, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON.
- 2004–2013: Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Department of Psychiatry, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2007–Present: Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2007–2017: Associate Member, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2008–2010: Chair, Medical Advisory Committee, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2013–2016: Director, Continuing Professional Development, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Schachar, R. & Ickowicz, A. Attention deficit and hyperkinetic disorders in children and adolescents.. The Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry. Oxford University Press. Oxford, UK.
- Abadir, A.M., Ickowicz, A. (2016) Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: reconsidering blame. CMAJ, 188(3), 171-172.
- Roseman M, Saadat N, Riehm K, Kloda LA, Boruff J, Ickowicz A, Baltzer F, Katz LY, Patten SB, Rousseau C, Roy D, Thombs BD (2017) Depression Screening and Health Outcomes in Children and Adolescents: a Systematic Review. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry; 62 (12), 813-17
- Tannock, R., Frijters, J.C., Martinussen, R., White, E. J., Ickowicz, A., Benson, N., and Lovett, M. W. Combined Modality Intervention for ADHD with Comorbid Reading Disorders: A Proof of Concep Study. (2018) Journal of Learning Disabilities; 51 (1), 55-72