Dr Jain is a Staff Neurologist at SickKids and Assistant Professor of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. He obtained his initial medical training (paediatrics and neurology) from various prestigious institutes in India. He then trained in paediatric epilepsy in Canada. His clinical interest includes medical management of children with drug-refractory epilepsy, epilepsy surgery evaluations, cortical motor mapping, vagus nerve stimulation (VNS), epileptic encephalopathy with spike-wave activation in sleep (SWAS) [previously called continuous spike and wave during sleep (CSWS)], and infantile spasms. His research interests mirror his clinical work. He has authored more than 100 papers in multiple peer-reviewed medical journals.
Education and experience
- 2016–2019: Epilepsy Fellow, Division of Neurology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- 2014–2016: Consultant-Pediatric Neurology, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, BL Kapur (BLK) Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi, India
- 2013–2014: Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Lady Harding Medical College (LHMC) and Kalawati Saran Children Hospital, Delhi University, New Delhi, India
- 2010–2012: Pediatric Neurology Resident, Child Neurology Division, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India
- 2006–2009: Pediatric Resident, Department of Pediatrics, Advanced Pediatric Center (APC), Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India
- 2000–2005: Medical Student, Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi University, New Delhi, India.
- Jain P, Smith ML, Speechley K, Ferro M, Snead III OC, Connolly M, Go C, Ramachandrannair R, Almubarak S, Andrade A, Widjaja E. Seizure freedom mediated the improvement in health-related quality of life following epilepsy surgery in children. Dev Med Child Neurol 2019 Nov 11.
- Jain P, Andrade D, Donner E, Dyment D, Prasad N, Goobie S, Boycott K, Lines M, Carter Snead O 3rd. Genetic testing related to epilepsy. Recommendations of the Ontario Genetic Testing Advisory Committee. Can J Neurol Sci 2019;46:7-13
- Jain P, Tomlinson G, Snead C, Sander B, Widjaja E. Systematic review and network meta-analysis of resective surgery for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatr 2018;89:1138-44.
- Jain P, Whitney R, Strantzas S, McCoy B, Ochi A, Otsubo H, Carter Snead O 3rd, Weiss S, Donner E, Pang E, Sharma R, Viljoen A, Drake JM, Rutka JT, Go C. Intra-operative cortical motor mapping using subdural grid electrodes in children undergoing epilepsy surgery evaluation. Clin Neurophysiol 2018 Aug 12.
- Jain P, Sharma S, Dua T, Barbui C, Das RR, Aneja S. Efficacy and safety of anti-epileptic drugs in patients with active convulsive seizures when no IV access is available: systematic review and meta-analysis. Epilepsy Res 2016 Feb 16;122:47-55.