Dr. Alya Kamani completed her clinical pharmacology and toxicology training at the University of Toronto and will be working as a medical toxicologist staff consultant.
She is a critical care physician at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Scarborough Health Network in Toronto, Ontario.
Kamani is completing a master of science in Community Health at the University of Toronto with a focus on health professional education. Her interests include teaching, education and helping bridge the field of critical care and toxicology.
Education and experience
- 2019–present: Clinical Associate Staff, Critical Care Medicine (Adult), Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON
- 2018–present: Clinical Associate Staff, Critical Care Medicine (Adult), Scarborough Health Network, Scarborough, ON
- 2018–2020: Fellow, Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2016–2018: Fellow, Critical Care Medicine (Adult), University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- 2013–2016: Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2009–2012: MBBS, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
- 2020: Special Inter-departmental Division of Critical Care Medicine award: the IDCCM Education Team, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2018: Clinical Academic Excellence Award, Critical Care Medicine (Adult), University of British Columbia