Dr. Michael Weinstein is an academic clinician at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) and an associate professor at the University of Toronto.
Areas of clinical expertise include neurofibromatosis, cyclic vomiting syndrome, children with complex medical needs and somatic symptom and conversion disorder. Educational expertise is in the area of examination and trainee assessment.
Education and experience
- 1998: FRCP(C), the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Ottawa, ON
- 1998: FAAP, American Academy of Paediatrics, Illinois, U.S
- 1994: M.D., University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 1997–1998: Associate Chief Resident, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 1994–1997: Paediatric Resident, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2018: Richard Rowe Award for Clinical Excellence, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto.
- 2018: Lionel Weinstein Clerkship Teaching Award, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto.
- 2017: PARO Clinical teaching award - Winner
- 2017: Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching Winner (Student supervision category). Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto.
- 2016: President’s Award Nominee. Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto.
- 2015: Harry Bain Postgraduate Teaching Award, Winner, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto.
- 2014–present: Senior Assistant Editor, Paediatrics and Child Health
- 2012–present: Medical Staff Association, Full time representative
- 2010–present: Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine, Toronto, Ontario
- 2005–present: Director, Departmental Fellowship Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- 2004–present: Project Director, CHES, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- *Marwaha A, *Malach J, Shugar A, Hedges S, Weinstein M, Parking P.C, Pope E, Lara-Corrales I, Kannu P. Genotype-Phenotype data from a case series of patients with mosaic neurofibromatosis type 1. British Journal of Dermatology November 2018; 179(5): 1216-17. Doi:10.1111/bjd.16929 C
- *Conway M, Marcon P, Meinert P, Durno C, Upton J, Kirby-Allen M, Weinstein M. A Toddler with Treatment-Resistant Iron Deficiency Anemia. Pediatrics 142 (1). July 2018
- *Erdle, S, *Conway M, Weinstein M. What is your call? A 6 – year-old boy with left hip pain. Canadian Medical Association Journal. Dec 19 2016 DOI: 10.503 pp1-4.
- *Vanner R, *Cho R, Weinstein M. A Healthy Infant Incidentally Presenting With Low SpO2 The Pitfalls of Pulse Oximetry. Clinical Pediatrics. Dec 2016.
- *Livingston M, l Cohen E, Giglia L, Pirrello D, Mistry N, Mahant S, Weinstein M, Connolly B, Himidan S, Bütter A, Walton JM Are some children with empyema at risk for treatment failure with fibrinolytics? A multicenter cohort study. Journal of Pediatric Surgery May 2016, 51 (5) , Issue 5 , 832 – 837