Complex Care Clinic
About the Clinic
The Complex Care Vision/Philosophy
- The Complex Care team strives to achieve excellence in care delivery and coordination for children with complex health needs.
What is Complex Care?
- A team of health-care consultants who specialize in the care of children with complex health needs. We work together with your primary care physician to link community and hospital care services.
- Children with complex health needs, also referred to as children with medical complexity include, but are not limited to children with:
- Multiple health concerns and needs
- Multiple services and specialists involved in care
- Multiple medications
- Often rely on medical technology (such as feeding tubes or oxygen) in day to day living
- Frequent visits to the emergency department or admission to hospital
- The team does not focus on one specific disease, but rather on the consequences of many.
Coming to a clinic appointment
It's important to come prepared and be on time for a clinic appointment. Visit Coming for Clinic Appointments to read appointment guidelines that are applicable for most clinical appointments at SickKids.
You’ll find information on how to prepare and what to bring, what to do if you/your child are sick before your appointment or you need to cancel, and important things to know about the SickKids philosophy.