Complex Respiratory Care Clinic
About the Clinic
The Complex Respiratory Care clinic is a multidisciplinary clinic that provides care to medically fragile children with chronic respiratory insufficiency requiring technological support at home. The primary goal of this clinic is to assist the family caregivers to facilitate and maintain home care of their medically fragile child and to promote integration with community resources.
Referral to the Clinic should be limited to patients who require either:
- long-term home oxygen
- non-invasive mechanical ventilation
- invasive mechanical ventilation via a trachesotomy
- assessment to determine the need for respiratory technology at home
How to make a referral
- All patients require a referral to visit our clinic.
- If you are a health-care professional, log in to eCHN to submit your referral. From your eCHN account, you will be seamlessly connected to SickKids e-referral platform, EpicCare Link.
- Learn more about our referral process.
- For urgent referrals only (same day referrals), contact eCHN’s Helpdesk directly 416-813-7998 or 1-877-252-9900, or by email at email@example.com.
On weekends and after 6 p.m. on weekdays, please contact the Fellow on call via SickKids Locating at 416-813-1500.
Coming to a clinic appointment
It's important to come prepared and be on time for a clinic appointment. Visit Coming for Clinic Appointments to read appointment guidelines that are applicable for most clinical appointments at SickKids.
You’ll find information on how to prepare and what to bring, what to do if you/your child are sick before your appointment or you need to cancel, and important things to know about the SickKids philosophy.