COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service
Our team of paediatric Registered Nurses are ready to listen and answer your questions about the COVID-19 vaccines.
The SickKids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service is a by-appointment phone service that provides a safe, judgement-free space to have an open conversation about the COVID-19 vaccine for children and youth. It is available in multiple languages, using over-the-phone language interpretation.
We are here to support residents of Ontario 12 years or older and their parents, caregivers or legal guardians who:
- Have specific questions or concerns related to the COVID-19 vaccine for youth/children that you cannot find the answer to elsewhere.
- Have complex medical histories or medical conditions (i.e. chronic illness) and/or their parents/caregivers.
- Require additional support for their COVID-19 vaccine due to medical complexity, developmental disorder or mobility, communication, behavioural or other specialized needs, including significant needle phobia.
COVID-19 vaccine resources
Get trusted information about the COVID-19 vaccines including videos and FAQs.
Not what you're looking for?
- To book a COVID-19 vaccine, visit the provincial booking site
- To get copies of your COVID-19 vaccination documentation, visit the provincial vaccination portal
- To book a COVID-19 test, visit the provincial website to find the testing location closest to you
- For general information on the COVID-19 vaccine and frequently asked questions, visit the AboutKidsHealth COVID-19 Learning Hub
- For vaccine consultation for adults age 18 and over, please visit VaxFacts – Scarborough Health Network
If you’re interested in speaking with our team, we invite you to schedule an appointment using the booking form. If you need help or prefer to book an appointment by phone, please call 437-881-3505.
Who is eligible to book an appointment
To book an appointment with the COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service, you must be:
- A youth 12 years or older
- A parent, caregiver, or legal guardian of a child or youth
- A resident of the province of Ontario (you do not require an OHIP card)
While not a requirement for the visit, we encourage families to join the call together to ensure everyone’s questions and concerns can be addressed at the same time.
Once you have booked an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to an intake form. Please complete this form before your appointment so we can better support you.
A Registered Nurse from our team will call at your scheduled appointment time. Please be prepared to answer our call. The caller display will show SickKids Vaccine Consult.
If you need language support for your appointment, please email email@example.com and indicate your name, appointment date and time, and your preferred language.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect during your appointment
Our team will provide you with the opportunity to ask your questions and express your concerns. They are here to listen to you and provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about the COVID-19 vaccine. If you still have questions and concerns, we may need to schedule a follow-up appointment.
If you decide that you and your child/youth are ready at the end of the visit, our team will help book your child/youth’s COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
Please phone if you need help booking an appointment.
Please email us for language support, cancelling or rescheduling your appointment.