Staff Physician, Department of Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- Member, SickKids Learning Institute
- Medical Education Lead for Paediatrics, Scarborough Health Network
- Staff Physician, Scarborough Health Network, Department of Paediatrics
- Pediatric Endocrinology Consultant, Kindercare Paediatrics
Dr. Sanjukta Basak received her undergraduate degree with a Great Distinction in Biochemistry from McGill University. She continued to earn her M.Sc. in Biochemistry in 2005 and her medical degree in 2009. She completed her training in Pediatrics and Paediatric Endocrinology at SickKids.
She currently works as a staff physician at SickKids in the Division of Endocrinology and the Department of Paediatric Emergency Medicine, and at Scarborough Health Network in the Department of Paediatrics.
Dr. Basak's research interests are primarily with paediatric obesity, medication induced-diabetes, and type 2 diabetes. Current ongoing research projects include understanding characteristics, treatment and clinical outcomes of patients with medication-induced diabetes. Dr. Basak also has an interest in patient education and has been involved in research about child-friendly menu labeling on food choices.
Education and experience
- 2002–2005: Master of Science Degree, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- 2005–2009: Doctor of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- 2009–2013: Resident, Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2013–2015: Fellow, Paediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2015–2016: Clinical Fellow, Paediatric Endocrinology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2016–Present: Staff Physician, Diabetes Canada, Camp Huronda, Toronto, Ontario
- 2016–Present: Pediatric Endocrinology Consultant, Kindercare Pediatrics, Toronto, Ontario
- 2016–Present: Active Staff Physician, Pediatric Endocrinology Consultant, Medical Lead HOPPS Program, Department of Pediatrics, Scarborough Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
- 2020–2021: Associate Staff Physician, Division of Endocrinology, The Hospital of Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario