Jonathan Golden is the Director of Collaborative Professional Practice in the Brain and Mental Health Program at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). He oversees the Departments of Psychology and Social Work. Jonathan received his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Waterloo and has spent over 20 years in Children’s Mental Health in both direct service and senior leadership roles. Jonathan arrived at SickKids in July 2018 with an expertise and passion for collaborative, strength-based leadership with a deep commitment to evidence informed patient-centred care. Jonathan is committed to enhancing the harmonization, integration and delivery of mental health services across the hospital for children, adolescents and families facing complex medical challenges.
Education and experience
- 1997: Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology), University of Waterloo (CPA,APA approved)
- 1999–2007: Staff Psychologist, Kinark Child and Family Services
- 2007–2009: Associate Clinical Director, Kinark Child and Family Services
- 2009–2014: Clinical Director, Community Mental Health Services & Chief of Psychology, Kinark Child and Family Services
- 2014–2018: Director of Service, Jewish Family & Child Services
- 2018–Present: Director of Collaborative Professional Practice (Psychology and Social Work), The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)