Peter has over 25 years of health-care leadership experience in both the public and private sectors.
In his current role, he is responsible for leading the redevelopment of The Hospital for Sick Children’s (SickKids) campus – a multi-billion-dollar project that involves the transformation of clinical care models, workplace strategies, and corporate systems/processes. Prior to joining SickKids, Peter was a Vice-President at the Fraser Health Authority in British Columbia. In this role, Peter led a Corporate Services portfolio that was responsible for supporting the development and delivery of all health-care facility projects in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia and overseeing a variety of facilities management, business development, real estate, and other corporate functions in a shared services model for 4 provincial health organizations. Before joining Fraser Health, Peter was a Vice-President at Mercer Advisors, a consulting firm providing a full range of services for the medical and dental professions in North America including business consulting, continuing education, and financial advisory services.
He also served on the Board of Directors of the BC Centre for Ability Association – a non-profit society providing therapy and other services for disabled children and adults, practiced corporate/commercial law at Lawson Lundell in Vancouver, and was an Instructor at the Ivey School of Business at Western University in London, Ontario.
Peter has an Executive Certificate in Managing Healthcare Delivery from Harvard Business School, a law degree from Queen's University, and a bachelor's degree in Honours Business Administration from the Ivey School of Business.
Education and experience
- 2017-present: Vice President Transformation, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2007-2016: Vice-President, Fraser Health Authority, Surrey, BC
- 2003-2007: Director, New Business Development, Fraser Health Authority, Surrey, BC
- 1995-2003: Vice-President, Mercer Advisors, Richmond, BC
- 1993-1995: Associate Lawyer, Lawson Lundell, Vancouver, BC
- 1990-1993: Law Student, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
- 1988-1990: Instructor, Ivey School of Business, Western University, London, ON
- 1983-1988: Business Student, Ivey School of Business, Western University, London, ON
Our campus redevelopment project aims to build an inspired hospital of the future, transform how we deliver care, and empower patients and families to be partners in their care.