Training Program Director
Division of Endocrinology
Dr. Jenny Harrington received her medical degree at the University of Adelaide and undertook her paediatric residency and endocrine fellowship training through the Women’s and Children’s Hospital in Adelaide, Australia. During her fellowship, she completed a PhD which explored the monitoring of vascular health in children at risk for accelerated atherosclerosis.
Following a clinical and research paediatric endocrine fellowship at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), she joined the Division of Endocrinology as a staff in December of 2015. In September 2018, she became the Program Director of the Paediatric Endocrinology Training Program at SickKids.
Dr. Harrington’s primary research interest focuses on the management of children with bone fragility or calcium disorders. Ongoing research interests include the assessment of bone health in children with genetic causes of osteoporosis, such as Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
Education and experience
- 1995–2000: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- 2007–2010: Clinical Paediatric Endocrine Fellow, Endocrinology, Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
- 2010–2015: Clinical Paediatric Endocrine Fellow, Endocrinology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2015–Present: Staff Physician, Endocrinology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2015–Present: Professor, Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- 2018–Present: Program Director, Endocrinology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario