Complex Care Program
Dr. Joanna Humphreys is a paediatrician with the Paediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT). Humphreys studied at Oxford University in England where she completed her bachelor's in physiological sciences and then went on to medical school.
She returned to Toronto to complete her paediatric residency training at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). She continued her training at SickKids, completing fellowships in community paediatrics and paediatric palliative care. Joanna's clinical interests include advanced care planning and childhood grief.
Education and experience
- 2016–2017: Paediatric Advanced Care Team Fellowship, The Hospital for Sick Children University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2014–2016: Community Paediatric Fellowship, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2011–2014: Paediatric Residency, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2010–2011: Pediatric Specialist Training, Royal United Hospital Bath, Bath, United Kingdom
- 2010: Introduction to Statistics, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
- 2010: Epidemiology Course, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
- 2008–2010: Academic Foundation Internship, Bristol Royal Infirmary and Bristol Children’s Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
- 2019: Lionel Weinstein Clerkship Teaching Award (2017/2018 Academic Year), Department of Paediatrics Awards day, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2018: MD Program Teaching Award of Excellence, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
2016–Present: Co-Principal Investigator
Parental Perspectives on Advance Care Planning (ACP) for Individuals with Cerebral Palsy (CP), Centre for Leadership in Child Development Activity.
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital.
Hoffman A, Rapoport A, Widger K, Humphreys J, Lor V, Fishbein-Germon B.