Medical Director, Lysosomal Storage Disorders Program
Dr. Michal Inbar-Feigenberg has completed her Pediatric training at the Hadassah University Medical Center, Israel. She completed a CCMG Clinical Biochemical Genetics fellowship training at the University of Toronto in 2015 and joined the Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics as a Staff Metabolic Geneticist in 2016.
Inbar-Feigenberg’s research is focused on lysosomal diseases (LSDs) and the impact of new interventions in the field of LSDs. In particular, the ability to translate our growing understanding of cellular mechanisms to utilize investigational drugs for the benefit of patients.
- 1997–2005: Doctor of Medicine (MD), Ben Gurion University of Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
- 1997–2001: Bachelor of Medical Science (B.Med.Sc), Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
- 1993–1996: Honours bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology & Anthropology, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
- 2016–present: Staff Metabolic Geneticist, Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2016–present: Project Investigator, Genetics and Genome Biology Research Program, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2022–present: Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- 2016–2022: Assistant Professor, Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- Howie AH, Tingley K, Inbar-Feigenberg M, Mitchell JJ, Butcher NJ, Offringa M, Smith M, Angel K, Gentla J, Wyatt A, Campeau PM, Chan A, Chakraborty P, EI Turk F, Mamak E, Mhanni A, Skidmore B, Sparkes R, Stockler S Potter BK; in collaboration with the Inform Rare Network. Establishing a core outcome set for mucopolysaccharidoses (MPS) in children: study protocol for a rapid literature review, candidate outcomes survey, and Delphi surveys. Trials. 2021 Nov;22(1)816
- Roth J, Inbar-Feigenberg M, Raiman J, Bisch M, Chakraborty P, Mitchell J, Di Geso L Ultrasound findings of finger, wrist, and knee joints in Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I. Mol Genet Metab. 2021 Jul;133(3):289-296
- Ryder B, Inbar-Feigenberg M, Glamuzina E, Halligan R, Vara R, Elliot A, Coman D, Minto T, Lewis K, Schiff M, Vijay S, Akroyd R, Thompson S, MacDonald A, Woodward A, Gribben J, Grunewald S, Belaramani K, Hall M, van der Haak N, Devanapalli B, Tolun AA, Wilson C, Bhattacharya K. New insights into carnitine-acylcarnitine translocase deficiency from twenty-three cases: management challenges and potential therapeutic approaches. Journal of Inherited Metabolic Diseases. 2021 Jul;44(4):903-915
- Hijazi G, Pai N, Nagy L, Herd S, Dickson J, Ram M, Inbar-Feigenberg M. Use of waxy maize heat modified starch in the treatment of children between 2 and 5 years with glycogen storage disease type I: A retrospective study. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism Reports. 2019 Nov 6; 21:100536.
- Kaur J, Nagy L, Wan B, Saleh H, Schulze A, Raiman J, Inbar-Feigenberg M. The utility of dried blood spot monitoring of branched-chain amino acids for maple syrup urine disease: A retrospective chart review study. Clinica Chimica Acta Journal. 2019 Oct 31. pii: S0009-8981(19)32080-7.