Dr. Bonny Jasani was trained at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai for his DM degree in Neonatology. He has completed his subspecialty fellowship in neonatal-perinatal medicine as well as neonatal hemodynamics at University of Toronto.
Jasani’s main research focus is in treatment of patent ductus arteriosus and evidence based synthesis. Currently, he is exploring the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of acetaminophen in treatment of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants. Other areas of interest include non-invasive ventilation strategies in preterm infants.
- 2010–2013: Subspecialty training (DM), Department of Neonatology, KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India.
- 2006–2009: Master’s Degree in Pediatrics (MD), Department of Pediatrics, K.J. Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre, Mumbai, India.
- 1999–2004: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), Rural Medical College, Loni, India.
- 2018–2020: Clinical fellow in neonatal-perinatal medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2017–2018: Targeted Neonatal Echocardiography fellow, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2015–2017: Senior Registrar, Department of Neonatology, KEM Hospital For Women and Princess Margaret Children’s Hospital, Perth, Australia.
- 2013–2014: Sub-specialty Medical Officer, Department of Neonatology, KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India.
- 2019–2020: Award for Teaching Excellence, Neonatal-Perinatal Training Program, University of Toronto
- Jasani B, Simmer K, Patole SK, Rao SC. Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation in infants born at term. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017 Mar 10;3:CD000376.
- Jasani B, Nanavati R, Kabra N, Bhandari V, Rajdeo S. Comparison of Nasal Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation versus Nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure as Post-Extubation Respiratory Support in Preterm Infants with Respiratory Distress Syndrome: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016 May; 29(10):1546-51.
- Jasani B, Weisz D, McNamara P. Evidence based use of acetaminophen in patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants. Semin Perinatol. 2018 Jun;42(4):243-252.
- Terrin G, Conte F, Oncel MY, Scipione A, McNamara PJ, Simons S, Sinha R, Erdeve O, Tekgunduz KS, Dogan M, Kessel I, Hammerman C, Nadir E, Yurttutan S, Jasani B, Alan S, Manguso F, De Curtis M. Paracetamol for the Treatment of Patent Ductus Arteriosus in Preterm Neonates: Systematic Review. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2016 Mar; 101(2):F127-36.
- Jasani B, Ismail A, Rao S, Patole S. Nasal mask versus binasal prongs for providing continuous positive airway pressure in preterm infants – A systematic review and meta-analysis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2018 Jul;53(7):987-992.
We provide the highest level of care to medically complex and surgical neonates.
Toronto Centre for Neonatal Health
TCNH is a collective of healthcare professionals and experts striving to provide the best outcomes possible for newborns and families through Community, Advocacy, Research and Education (CARE).