Consultant, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Dr. Jeff Kobayashi graduated from University of Toronto Medical School. He completed his residency at The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto in Paediatrics and Paediatric Neurology.
On Staff in Dept. of Paediatrics Division of Neurology June 1985 and Paediatric Neurology. Consultant to Holland Bloorview Kids Rehab. Hospital. Co-Director of Ketogenic Diet Program HSC.
Ketogenic diet research: drug trials in anti-epilepsy novel agents
Education and experience
- 1985–present: Staff Physician U of T, The Hospital for Sick Children, Dept. of Paediatrics, Division of Neurology
- 1979–1985: Medical School University of Toronto MD Residency in Paediatric and Neurology at The Hospital for Sick Children
- 2016: Paediatric Teaching Award
- 2018: Undergraduate University of Toronto Medical School Teaching Award
- Diagnostic Yield of genetic testing in epileptic encephalopathy Mercimek-Mahmutoglu S, Kobayashi, J., et al. Epilepsia; 2015 May, 56(5): 707-16.
- Genetic landscape of pediatric movement disorder and management implications. Cordeiro, D., Kobayashi.J., et al. Neurol. Genetics, 2018 Sept 26:4(5).
- Prevalence of Genetic Disorders and GLYT1 Deficiency in Ketogenic Diet Clinic, Hewson, I., Kobayashi,J., et al. Can J. Neurosci., 2018 Jan 45 (1): 9396.
- Intractable apneic seizures in a child with a deletion typically associated with Williams Syndrome. Jan, S., Kobayashi, J., et al. Epileptic Disorders, 2018 Dec 20(6): pp 530-534.
- Severe Neutropenia and Anemia in a child with epilepsy and copper deficiency on a ketogenic diet. Rashidian,H., Kobayashi, J., et al. Pediatric Neurol., 2017 Nov; 76, pp 93-94.