Dr. Tapas Kulkarni is a Staff Neonatologist at The Hospital for Sick Children, and a Lecturer in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. Kulkarni is currently completing his master’s in medical education at the University of Dundee. His areas of interest include medical education, simulation education and techniques to improve ventilation strategies in neonates.
Education and experience
- 2019–present: Staff Neonatologist, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2019–present: Lecturer, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2019–present: Master’s, Medical Education, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland.
- 2018–2019: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Clinical Fellowship, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2016–2018: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Subspecialty, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2013–2016: Paediatrics Residency, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, USA
- 2009–2013: MB BCh BAO/Medical School, School of Medicine, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2016: Charles Jay Hoff Award, Pediatric Resident, University of South Alabama, Department of Pediatrics, Mobile, Alabama, USA. Pediatrics
For best pediatric research project by a pediatric resident.
- 2015: Robert O. Harris, III Award, Pediatric Resident, University of South Alabama, Department of Pediatrics, Mobile, Alabama, USA. Pediatrics
For best exemplifying Dr. Harris’s good clinical competence, pursuit of medical knowledge, outstanding humanistic qualities and unselfish hard work for children.