- Staff Psychiatrist, Department of Psychiatry
- BA, MD, FRCPC
- Alternate Contact Name:
- Sandra Silva
- Alternate Phone:
- Alternate Email:
- sandra.silva @sickkids.ca
- U of T Positions:
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Arlette Lefebvre has been a member of the Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Program at SickKids and a consultant to Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. She founded Ability Online, the first paediatric email network in 1992. She was an active member of the Media Awareness Network of Canada from 1990-2017. She co-founded the Planning my Trip to the hospital program, which supports children who have been traumatized by medical procedures or who are highly anxious.
Education and experience
- 1975–Present: Staff Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 1974–1975: Teaching Clinical Fellowship, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 1974: Royal College Fellowship , Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 1966–1970: MD Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 1964–1966: Pre-med Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2019: Ontario Council for Exception Children Award
- 2010: SickKids Medical Staff Association Citizenship Award
- 1999: Paul Steinhauer Award
- 1997: Order of Canada
- 1996: Terry Fox Hall of Fame
- Lim, L., Lefebvre, A., Benseler, S., Peralta, M., & Silverman, E. (2012). Psychiatric Illness of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Childhood: Spectrum of Clinically Important Manifestations. The Journal of Rheumatology.
- Davidson S, Lefebvre A, Morris P, Nieman P, Swift C. Putting media under the microscope: Understanding and challenging media’s influence on the health and well-being of children and youth. Paediatrics & Child Health. May/June 2003; 8(5): 265-266.
- Lefebvre A. Using the Internet to Empower Patients and Their Families Canadian Psychiatry Association Bulletin. April, 1999; 31(2): 45-46.
- Lefebvre A. How a 42-year old psychiatrist timidly ventured into the world of Telecommunications and never looked back. Journal of Practical Psychiatry and Behavioural Health. September, 1996; 2(5): 319-324.
- Lefebvre A, Hillis B. “Taking Your Kids OnLine: How and When to Introduce the Internet to Children”. McGraw-Hill-Ryerson, June 9, 1999