- Senior Scientist, Cell Biology
- Alternate Contact Name:
- Josephine Lau
- Alternate Phone:
- 416-813-7654 ext. 309005
- Alternate Email:
- REACH Profile:
- Jane McGlade's REACH profile
- U of T Positions:
- Professor, Department of Medical Biophysics
The Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumour Research Centre
The goal of Dr. McGlade’s research program is to understand the specificity and dynamics of protein-protein interactions involved in cell signaling and the molecular basis of signaling events that can be targeted in cancer. Towards this goal, her team focuses on the molecular structure, cellular functions and interaction networks of modular adaptor proteins that regulate critical oncogenic signaling pathways. Currently, the lab is using structural, proteomics, and genetic screening approaches to identify protein networks and specific targets involved in tyrosine kinase signalling and alternative splicing in cancer, as well as high-throughput assays to identify small molecule regulators of ubiquitin ligases.
Education and experience
- B.Sc. (Biochem. and Biomed. Sci.), University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
- PhD (Molecular Virology and Immunology), McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- Wybenga-Groot LE, Tench AJ, Simpson CD, St. Germain J, Raught B, Moran MF and CJ McGlade (2020) Structural basis for phosphorylation independent activation of c-CBL by Src-like adaptor protein 2. BioRxiv
- Dho S.E. Silva- Gagliardi, N., Morgese, F., Berry, D.M, Lamereaux, E., Coyaud, E. Raught, B and C. J. McGlade (2019) Proximity interactions of the ubiquitin ligase Mindbomb reveal a role in regulation of epithelial polarity complex proteins. Scientific Reports Aug 28;9(1):12471. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-48902-x
- Sharma, N., Ponce, M., Kaul, S. Pan, Z., Eiwegger, T., and C.J. McGlade. (2019) SLAP is a negative regulator of FcεRI receptor-mediated signaling and allergic response, Frontiers in Immunology. May 15;10:1020. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.01020.
- Rajendran, D. Zhang-Y, Berry, D.M. and C J. McGlade (2016) Oncogenic signaling through ERK regulates alternative splicing of Numb. Oncogene, 29;35(39):5202-13.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research: Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
- Garron Family Cancer Centre
- Meagan’s Walk