- Staff Physician, Department of Critical Care Medicine
- MBChB, MD
- 416-813-7654 ext. 202764
- Alternate Contact Name:
- Jessica Rosales
- Alternate Phone:
- 416-419-7654 ext. 202768
- Alternate Email:
- REACH Profile:
- Mjaye Mazwi's REACH profile
- U of T Positions:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Paediatrics
- Chair Positions:
- William G. Williams Research Directorship for Cardiac Analytics
Artificial Intelligence Medicine for Kids
Division of Cardiology
Labatt Family Heart Centre
Translational Engineering Program
Department of Critical Care Medicine
After completing medical school at the University of Zimbabwe, Mjaye pursued pediatric residency at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital followed by fellowships in Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Critical Care/Anesthesia at Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School.
Following completion of fellowship, Mjaye was clinical faculty in both Pediatric and Cardiac Critical Care at Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine before being recruited to join the Cardiac Critical Care Faculty at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
He is currently the Program Director of Translational Engineering at the Department of Critical Care Medicine, the Principal Investigator of Laussenlabs, and the Co-Chair of Artificial Intelligence Medicine at SickKids Research Institute. His research interests include improvement science, data visualization, physiological modeling and the application of complexity science principles to augment understanding of the critically ill patient.
Dr. Mazwi's research focuses on computational modeling of physiological data to create high resolution patient phenotypes and state-based characterization in critically ill patient populations.
- Fellow Teaching Award: Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- 2009–2011: National Institutes of Health T-32 Training Grant
- Aug. 2006: American Academy of Pediatrics Resident Research Grant
- June 2006 – April 2007: Resident Teaching Award: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- 2004: Noel Galen Prize in Psychiatry, University of Zimbabwe
- 2000: University Book Prize – Anatomy – University of Zimbabwe
- 2000: University Book Prize – Biochemistry – University of Zimbabwe
- 1999: Kellogg Foundation Scholarship: Best Preclinical Medical Student, University of Zimbabwe
- 1997: Milton Award for Best All Round Student, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe