- Staff Haematologist/Oncologist, Division of Haematology/Oncology
- MBBS, DCH, MCPS, MRCP
- Alternate Contact Name:
- Connie Grillo
- Alternate Phone:
- Alternate Email:
- U of T Positions:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Dr. Ahmed Naqvi joined the staff at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in 2001. Naqvi received his undergraduate and post graduate training in paediatrics in Pakistan. He has memberships in the discipline of paediatrics from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (MCPS) and the Royal Colleges of Physicians of U.K. (MRCP). He completed a clinical fellowship in Paediatric Haematology and Oncology at SickKids from 1995 to 1998.
Prior to joining SickKids, Naqvi worked as a consultant Paediatric Haematologist and Oncologist and an Associate Professor at The Aga Khan University (AKU) in Karachi, Pakistan. He was the Director of the Paediatric Residency training Program at AKU for more than three years. He was instrumental in developing paediatric hematology and oncology service at AKU, which later developed into a full section.
Naqvi is a member of the Leukemia and Lymphoma section. His other area of special interest is Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH). Currently he is the Co-Director of the Histiocytoses program at SickKids. He has previously served as the head of the in-patient oncology section.
He has been closely involved with the Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Education Program at SickKids and the University of Toronto. He served as Associate director and Director of this program for almost twelve years.
Naqvi is an active member of the Histiocyte Society (HS), International Society of Pediatric Haematology and Oncology (SIOP), Pakistan Pediatric Association (PPA) and Pakistan Society of Paediatric Oncology (PSPO).
Education and experience
Degrees, Diplomas, Licensures and Certifications
- 1977: MBBS, Dow Medical College, University of Karachi, Pakistan
- 1979: DCH, University of Karachi, Pakistan
- 1979: Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan (MCPS) Subject: Paediatrics
- 1990: Member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians (MRCP), U.K. Subject: Paediatrics
- 2003: Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
- 1998: The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, Subject: Hematology/Oncology
- 2008: The Royal College of Paediatrics and Children Health, United Kingdom, Subject: Paediatrics
- Ontario Cancer Research Network
- Glaxo-Smith Kline Inc.
- OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc.