Drugs and Therapeutics Committee Member
Dr. William Ng is a paediatric and adult cardiac-thoracic anesthesiologist. He is cross-appointed at Toronto General Hospital and SickKids with respective Department of Anesthesiology.
He completed his Anesthesiology Training in Australia, and Clinical Fellowships at Harvard University (Boston Children's Hospital) and U of T (Toronto General Hospital, SickKids).
Clinical research interests include perioperative outcomes prediction and population database research in paediatric and adult congenital heart disease patients.
Education and experience
- 2019–present: Cardiac and Thoracic Anesthesiologist, Toronto General Hospital
- 2016–2018: Congenital Cardiac Anesthesiologist, UCSF, San Francisco
- 2015–2016: Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia Fellow, Harvard University, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2014–2015: Cardiac and Thoracic Anesthesia Fellow, U of T, Toronto General Hospital
- 2013: House Officer, Hospital Authority, HK
- 2012: Visiting Scholar, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital
- 2008–2012: Anaesthetic Registrar, ANZCA, Australia
- 2022: Labatt Heart Centre Innovation Fund "A retrospective population database study of Non-Cardiac Surgeries in Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease Patients performed at pediatric and general hospitals in Ontario 2003-2020”. Term 2022–2024, $22000, SickKids, Toronto, ON
- 2021: The Helen Holtby Award for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Anesthesiology, SickKids, Toronto, ON
- 2017: Chancellor's Fund: Faculty Learning and Development for Difficult Airways Course. UCSF, San Francisco, CA
- Anwari V, Ng WCK, Mbadjeu Hondjeu AR, Xiao Z, et al. Development, manufacturing, and preliminary validation of a reusable half-face respirator during the COVID-19 pandemic. PLoS ONE. 2021;Feb;16(3)
- Ng WCK, Mbadjeu Hondjeu AR, Syrett A, Caragata R, et al. Subject validation of reusable N95 stop-gap filtering facepiece respirators in COVID-19 pandemic. PLoS ONE. 2020;Nov;15(11)
- Faraoni D, Ng WCK. Pro: Early Extubation After Pediatric Cardiac Surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2020;Sept;34(9):2539-2541
- Han J, Mashari A, Sing D, Dianti J,....Ng W,...Fisher J, Slutsky A. Personalized ventilation to multiple patients using a single ventilator: Description and proof of concept. Critical Care Explorations. 2020;May;2(5)
- Shah AC, Ng WCK, Sinnott S, Cravero J. Population analysis of predictors of difficult intubation with direct laryngoscopy in pediatric patients with and without thyroid disease. J Anesth. 2018;Feb;32(1):54-61