- Staff Anesthesiologist
- MBBS, MMed, FRCPC, FANZCA
- (416) 813-8921
- Alternate Contact Name:
- Emma Spence
- Alternate Phone:
- 416-813-7654 ext. 201147
- Alternate Email:
- U of T Positions:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesia
William Ng is an Australian-Canadian fellowship trained paediatric and adult cardiac-thoracic anesthesiologist with clinical focus on the congenital heart disease population. His research will focus on the perioperative outcomes of this population and the transition of care from paediatric to adult phase of the CHD population.
- 2020: Design, production and validation of reusable N95 respirators for COVID-19 pandemic
- Future: Population outcome research of non-cardiac surgery in the congenital heart disease population
Education and experience
- 2019–2020: Cardiac and Thoracic Anesthesiologist, Toronto General Hospital
- 2016–2018: Congenital Cardiac Anesthesiologist, UCSF, San Francisco
- 2015–2016: Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia Fellow, Harvard University, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2014–2015: Cardiac and Thoracic Anesthesia Fellow, U of T, Toronto General Hospital
- 2013: House Officer, Hospital Authority, HK
- 2012: Visiting Scholar, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital
- 2008–2012: Anaesthetic Registrar, ANZCA, Australia
- 2018: Chancellor's Fund: Faculty Learning and Development for Difficult Airways Course. UCSF, San Francisco, CA
- Faraoni D, Ng WCK. Pro: Early Extubation After Pediatric Cardiac Surgery [online 2020 May 27]. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2020;S1053-0770(20)30486-9.
- Shah AC, Ng WCK, Sinnott S, Cravero J. Population analysis of predictors of difficult intubation with direct laryngoscopy in pediatric patients with and without thyroid disease. J Anesth. 2018 Feb;32(1):54-6
- Ng W, Carroll J, Djaiani G. Dose response study of intrathecal morphine for off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: a pilot prospective randomized double-blinded controlled clinical trial. J Cardiol & Cardiovasc Ther 2017; 3(2): 555610.
- Ng W, Jerath A, Wąsowicz M. Tranexamic acid: a clinical review. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2015;47(4):339-350.