Director, Undergraduate Medical Education (Paediatrics)
Associate Director, Training Program (Subspecialty), Paediatric Haematology/Oncology
Child Health Evaluative Sciences
Dr. Punnett is a Staff Oncologist within the Leukemia/Lymphoma Program in the Division of Haematology/Oncology and Associate Professor in Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. She is a Clinician Educator and current Director of Undergraduate Medical Education for Paediatrics at the University of Toronto. Dr. Punnett completed MD at the University of Toronto and Paediatrics Residency at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She returned to the University of Toronto for fellowship training in Paediatric Haematology/Oncology at SickKids.
Punnett leads and participates in clinical research in childhood leukemia and lymphoma and is a member of the COG steering committee for Hodgkin Lymphoma. As a clinician educator, she is involved in education scholarship with collaborators in the Department of Paediatrics and nationally.
Education and experience
- 1996–2000: Physician, Paediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
- 2000–2003: Physician, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Fellows, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Gupta S, Baxter N, Hodgson D, Punnett A, Sutradhar R, Pole JD, Nagamuthu C, Lau C, Nathan P. Treatment Patterns and Outcomes in Adolescence and Young Adults with Hodgkin Lymphoma in Paediatric Versus Adult Centres: An IMPACT Cohort Study. Cancer Medicine 2020 (in press).
- Young K, Punnett A, Suleman S. When a little hurts a lot: Exploring the impact of microaggressions in pediatric medical education. Pediatrics 2020 (in press).
- Seelisch J, De Alarcon PA, Flerlage J, Hoppe BS, Kaste SC, Kelly KM, Kurch L, Marks L, Mauz-Koerholz C, McCarten K, Metzger M, Stroevesandt D,Voss SD, Punnett A. Expert Consensus Statements for Waldeyer's Ring involvement in Pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma: The Staging, Evaluation, and Response Criteria Harmonization (SEARCH) for Childhood, Adolescent and Young Adult Hodgkin lymphoma (CAYAHL) Group. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2020 (in press).
- Sud S, Wong J, Premji L, Punnett A. Career decision making in undergraduate medical education. Canadian Medical Education Journal https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.69220 2020 (in press).
- Marie EE, Navallas M, Vali R, Navarro OM, Punnett A, Shammas A. Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder (PTLD) in children: a 360-degree perspective. RadioGraphics 2020 Jan-Feb;40(1):241-265
- Paediatric Consultants
- Paediatric Oncology Group of Ontario
- Physician Services Incorporated
- Garron Family Cancer Centre
- C17 Canada
- University of Toronto Provost’s Instructional Technology Innovation Fund