SickKids Research Institute
Dr. Etienne Sochett received his medical degree at the University of Pretoria in South Africa. He currently serves as a Staff Endocrinologist and is the Co-Director of the Bone Health Clinic at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids).
Dr. Sochett conducts research in a variety of areas with a special interest in the early pathophysiology of diabetic nephropathy in adolescents with type 1 diabetes, the genetic contribution to juvenile idiopathic osteoporosis, idiopathic infantile hypocalcaemia and glucocorticoid induced osteoporosis.
Education and experience
- 1968–1974: Doctor of Medicine, Medicine/Surgery, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
- 1974–1979: Diploma in Child Health, Paediatrics, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 1978–1982: Fellow, College of Physician In Paediatrics of South Africa, South Africa
- 1984–1986: Fellow, Royal College of Physician of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario
- 1987–Present: Paediatric Endocrinologist, Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2003–Present: Project Investigator, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2004–Present: Associate Professor, Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- 2009–Present: Co-Director, Bone Health Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario