- Consultant, Division of Infectious Diseases
- MD, MEd, FRCPC
- Alternate Contact Name:
- Dana Hiraldo Santos
- Alternate Phone:
- Alternate Email:
- REACH Profile:
- Anu Wadhwa's REACH profile
- U of T Positions:
- Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Division of Infectious Diseases
SickKids Research Institute
Dr. Anu Wadhwa is an associate professor of paediatrics at the University of Toronto and staff physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). She has a clinical interest in gram positive community-acquired infections. She is a clinician educator and has completed a Master of Education with a focus on qualitative research methods. She is the training program director of the Paediatric Infectious Diseases residency program and international clinical fellowship program. She is chair-elect of the RCPSC specialty committee in infectious diseases.
Education and experience
- 2005–2007: Infectious Diseases Consultant, Paediatrics, McMaster Children’s Hospital, Hamilton, ON
- 2007–Present: Infectious Diseases Consultant, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2007–2020: Training Program Director, Pediatric ID Subspecialty Residency Program and International Clinical Fellowship, The Hospital for Sick Children/University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2016–2018: Chair, AMMI Education Committee, Ottawa, ON
- 2016–2018: Chair, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Infectious Diseases National Certification Exam Board, Ottawa, ON
- 2018–Present: Vice-Chair, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Infectious Diseases National Certification Exam Board, Ottawa, ON
- 2019–Present: Chair Elect, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Infectious Diseases Specialty Committee, Ottawa, ON
- 2020: Nominated – Program Director of the Year Award. International Conference for Residency Education, RCPSC, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2017: Received – Department of Paediatrics POWER Teaching Award. Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
In recognition of excellence in clinical teaching to postgraduate trainees.
- 2016: Received – Division Chief’s Education Award. Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2016: Received – Award for Teaching Excellence for the Paediatric Resident Lecture Series. Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2015: Received – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Accredited Continuing Professional Development Provider Innovation Award. Association of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (AMMI) Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2014: Received - Department of Paediatrics Subspecialty Teaching Award. University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Teherani A, Martimianakis T, Stenfors-Hayes T, Wadhwa A, Varpio L. Choosing a Qualitative Research Approach. Journal of graduate medical education. 2015 Dec;7(4):669-70. (Collaborator)
- Wadhwa A, Das L, Ratnapalan S. Faculty development effectiveness: insights from a program evaluation. Journal of Biomedical Education. 2014 Jun 23;2014. (Principal Author)
- Mahant S, Jovcevska V, Wadhwa A. The Nature of Excellent Clinicians at an Academic Health Science Center: A Qualitative Study. Academic Medicine. 2012 Dec 1;87(12):1715-21. (Co-Principal Author)
- Tam J, Wadhwa A. A child with limb pain: a case-based learning module and teaching resource for pediatric infectious diseases. MedEdPORTAL. 2017;13:10605.
- Rayar M, Punnett A, Wadhwa A. Broken Telephone: Residents and the Practice of Telephone Consultation in an Academic Health Sciences Centre. What works? Ideas in Residency Education. 2019 International Conference on Residency Education. Ottawa, Canada. Presenter: Wadhwa A. October 2019. (Primary Author)