Title: Staff Physician, Division of Paediatric Medicine
Designations: MD, FRCPC, MHSc
U of T Positions: Assistant Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Staff Physician, Paediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT) and Complex Care
Dr. Natalie Jewitt is an academic clinician in the Division of Paediatric Medicine. Her clinical time is spent with the Paediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT), the Complex Care program and inpatient Paediatric Medicine. Jewitt's academic interests include complex decision-making in clinical grey zones and trainee wellness.
Education and experience
- 2019–2021: MHSc, Bioethics, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- 2019–2020: Fellow, Paediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT), The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2018–2019: Chief Resident, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2015–2018: Paediatric Resident, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2011–2015: MD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2004–2008: BA, First Class Honours, Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
- Jewitt N, Orkin J, Cohen E, Narang I, Al-Saleh S, Amin R. The impact of polysomnograms and family-centred decision making in children with medical complexity. Paediatrics & Child Health, 2021;26(2):114–119. https://doi.org/10.1093/pch/pxaa021
- Weidman D, Scott O, Jewitt N, Jamal A, Harel-Sterling M, Au H, Punnett A. PedLER: Pediatric Longitudinal Experience with Residents. Can Med Educ J. 2019;10(1):e134-e136.
- Jewitt N, Hope A, Milne R, Le LW, Bezjak A, Papadakos J, Abdelmutti N, Catton P, Giuliani M. Development and evaluation of patient education materials for elderly lung cancer patients. J Cancer Educ. 2016;31:70-74.
- Edelstein K, Coate L, Massey C, Jewitt NC, Mason WP, Devins GM. Illness intrusiveness and subjective well-being in patients with glioblastoma. J Neurooncol. 2016;126:127-135.
- Edelstein K, Spiegler BJ, Fung S, Panzarella T, Mabbott DJ, Jewitt N, D'Agostino NM, Mason WP, Bouffet E, Tabori U, Laperriere N, Hodgson DC. Early aging in adult survivors of childhood medulloblastoma: long-term neurocognitive, functional and physical outcomes. Neuro Oncol. 2011;13:536-545. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21367970/