- Genetic Counsellor, Department of Genetic Counselling Division of Clinical & Metabolic Genetics
- M.Sc., CGC, CCGC
- External Email:
- U of T Positions:
- Lecturer, Department of Molecular Genetics
Nada is an ABGC and CAGC-certified genetic counsellor in the Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics who received her Master of Science in Genetic Counselling from McGill University. Since joining The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in 1998, she has provided genetic counselling to families in various specialty clinics including cancer genetics, skeletal dysplasias, connective tissue disorders, neurogenetics, and cardiac genetics. Her current areas of clinical focus include craniofacial differences, sex chromosome differences, primary ciliary dyskinesia and hearing loss. Nada is a Lecturer in the Department of Molecular Genetics at the University of Toronto and provides clinical supervision in the University of Toronto M.Sc. Program in Genetic Counselling. She is involved in teaching and training genetic counselling students, medical students, residents and fellows.
Education and experience
- 1990–1994: Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 1996–1998: Master of Genetic Counselling, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Whole Genome Sequencing Expands Diagnostic Utility and Improves Clinical Management in Pediatric Medicine. Stavropoulos DJ, Merico D, Jobling R, Bowdin S, Monfared N, Thiruvahindrapuram B, Nalpathamkalam T, Pellecchia G, Yuen RKC, Szego MJ, Hayeems RZ, Shaul RZ, Brudno M, Girdea M, Frey B, Alipanahi B, Ahmed S, Babul-Hirji R, Porras RB, Carter MT, Chad L, Chaudhry A, Chitayat D, Doust SJ, Cytrynbaum C, Dupuis L, Ejaz R, Fishman L, Guerin A, Hashemi B, Helal M, Hewson S, Inbar-Feigenberg M, Kannu P, Karp N, Kim R, Kronick J, Liston E, MacDonald H, Mercimek-Mahmutoglu S, Mendoza-Londono R, Nasr E, Nimmo G, Parkinson N, Quercia N, Raiman J, Roifman M, Schulze A, Shugar A, Shuman C, Sinajon P, Siriwardena K, Weksberg R, Yoon G, Carew C, Erickson R, Leach RA, Klein R, Ray PN, Meyn MS, Scherer SW, Cohn RD, Marshall CR.NPJ Genom Med. 2016 Jan 13;1:15012-.
- Persistent hyperinsulinaemic hypoglycaemia in children with Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome. Welters A, El-Khairi R, Dastamani A, Bachmann N, Bergmann C, Gilbert C, Clement E, Hurst JA, Quercia N, Wasserman JD, Meissner T, Shah P, Kummer S.Eur J Endocrinol. 2019 Aug;181(2):121-128
- Clinical Presentation of a Complex Neurodevelopmental Disorder Caused by Mutations in ADNP. Van Dijck A, Vulto-van Silfhout AT, Cappuyns E, van der Werf IM, Mancini GM, Tzschach A, Bernier R, Gozes I, Eichler EE, Romano C, Lindstrand A, Nordgren A; ADNP Consortium, Kvarnung M, Kleefstra T, de Vries BBA, Küry S, Rosenfeld JA, Meuwissen ME, Vandeweyer G, Kooy RF.Biol Psychiatry. 2019 Feb 15;85(4):287-297.
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia: mechanisms and management. Damseh N, Quercia N, Rumman N, Dell SD, Kim RH.Appl Clin Genet. 2017 Sep 19;10:67-74.
- Risk for Patient Harm in Canadian Genetic Counseling Practice: It's Time to Consider Regulation. Shugar AL, Quercia N, Trevors C, Rabideau MM, Ahmed S.J Genet Couns. 2017 Feb;26(1):93-104.