Constance (Connie) Mackenzie
Title: Assistant Medical Director, Ontario, Manitoba and Nunavut Poison Centres
Designations: MD, M.Sc., FRCPC
Alternate Contact Name: Donna Tedesco
Alternate Phone: 416-813-6437
Alternate Email: email@example.com
Staff Physician, Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology
Assistant Professor, Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology/Respirology, Western University
Dr. Connie Mackenzie is the Assistant Medical Director of the Ontario Poison Centre. She is also Assistant Professor with the Divisions of Respirology and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology at Western University in London, Ontario. Her clinical interests include occupational lung disease, occupational exposures, and medical toxicology.
Research interests include pharmacogenetics of inhaled steroids in asthma, vaping-associated lung injury, and treatment of amatoxin-containing mushroom poisonings.
Education and experience
- Undergraduate B.Sc. (Hons), Western University
- M.Sc., Trent University
- MD, University of Ottawa
- Internal Medicine, Western University (FRCPC 2010)
- Respirology, Western University (FRCPC 2013)
- Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, Western University (FRCPC 2013)
- Eddy, Rachel & Serajeddini, Hana & Knipping, Danielle & Landman, Simon & Bosma, Karen & Mackenzie, Constance & Dhaliwal, Inderdeep & Parraga, Grace. (2020). Pulmonary Functional MRI and CT in a Survivor of Bronchiolitis and Respiratory Failure Due to E-cigarette Use. Chest. 10.1016/j.chest.2020.06.005.
- Landman ST, Dhaliwal I, Mackenzie CA, Martinu T, Steele A, Bosma KJ. Life-threatening bronchiolitis related to electronic cigarette use in a Canadian youth. CMAJ. 2019;191(48):E1321-E1331. doi:10.1503/cmaj.191402
- Austin E, Myron HS, Summerbell RK, Mackenzie C. Acute renal injury cause by confirmed Psilocybe cubensis mushroom ingestion. Med Mycol Case Rep. 2018;23:55–57. doi:10.1016/j.mmcr.2018.12.007